What is covered?
- Fire and fire fighting
- Impact damage
- Water from reservoirs (sudden overflows)
- Excessive rainfall
- Uncontrollable pest-external e.g. army worms locust, wild life
Part 1: Plastic Cladding and Structures
- Plastic Cladding:
|Cover:||Loss or Damage to Plastic Cover as a result of fire and allied perils.|
|Sum Insured:||Replacement Value (RV) of the plastic cladding covering the_ greenhouses in their|
|Indemnity: limited to 250 micron|
|Year of use||Indemnity after deductible based on the gauge of cladding|
|1||100% of RV|
|2||75% of RV|
|3||50% of RV|
|Deductible:||15% of TSI each and every loss|
Structures (Steel Only):
|Cover:||Loss or Damage to the Structure as a result of fire and allied perils.|
|Sum Insured:||Replacement Value (RV) of the steel structure supporting the greenhouses in their|
|Deductible:||10% of TSI each and every loss|
Premium rate: 1%
Part 2: Crop Insurance
To be taken only in conjunction with part 1.
Cover: Loss or Damage to the Crop as a result of fire and allied perils.
Sum Insured: The amount(s) of the cost of production for all the crops produced in accordance with the cropping plan.
- In the event of 100% loss i.e. stocks and stems being damaged beyond recovery, indemnity shall be 100% of TSI.
- In the event of damage to the stems where the main plant is not seriously affected_ i.e. sprouting is still possible, the insured shall bear the first 10% of TSI each and_ every loss.
- Loses due to uncontrollable agronomic challenges, indemnity shall be up to 65-70% of sum insured.
Premium rate: 6.5-8%
Part 3: Irrigation Equipment
To be taken only in conjunction with part1.
Cover: Loss or Damage to the irrigation equipment from the water supply point_ up to and including irrigation equipment in the greenhouse as a result of_ fire-allied perils.
Sum Insured: To be constituted by the aggregate values of pumps, valves, sensors, piping, sprinklers, nozzles and water filtration systems provided in the schedule.
|Deductible:||10% of TSI each and every loss.|
Claim procedure: In case of a probable loss to the Crops insured under this policy the Insured must:
- Give the Company written notice within 48 hours after the occurrence.
- If a probable loss is determined after harvest begins on an insured Crop, notice must be given immediately and a representative sample of the un-harvested Crop (at least 2 rows and the entire length of the greenhouse) must remain un-harvested, unless the Company gives the Insured his written consent to harvest the representative sample.
- Give promptly notice to the Company if, during the period before harvest, the Insured’s Crop is damaged to the extent that the Insured does not expect to further care for the Crop or harvest it, or if the Insured wants the Company consent to put the greenhouse to another use, or additional damage occurs after consent to put the greenhouse to another use is given.
- Leave intact any crop which is not to be harvested until the Company makes an inspection of the same.
- Upon the Company request, provide a complete harvesting and marketing record of each Crop, including separate records showing the same information for production form any uninsured greenhouse.
- Sign a withdrawal of claim when the Company inspection of the Crop determines that there is no payable loss under the terms of this policy.
- The Company may reject any claim for indemnity submitted by the Company and no indemnity payment will be made if any of the requirements of this section are not met.
- It shall be a condition precedent to the payment of any indemnity that the Insured makes available to the Company any and all information requested by the Company and allow his access to the Crops insured to permit him to verify and substantiate the total production of the Crop insured under this policy by insurance unit.
Post emergence crop stand count report by SME RESOURCE CENTRE field inspectors, on Completion of proposal form with respective declaration forms and o payment of premium