Loss of bee colonies and associated products due to;
- Uncontrollable pests
- Loss of bee hives due to fire and elements of weather including wind storms, floods, excessive rainfall
- Impact damage
What is not covered.
- Wilful misconduct
- Public liability
- Malicious damage,
- Prior damages to the hives,
- Theft of hives and bee products
- Other exclusions as per item 8 under this policy.
- Determined market value the hives and bee colonies
- Premium: 4.5% of sum insured. Minimum premium Ksh 7,500 per client
- Deductible: The Insured shall bear the first 10% (or otherwise pre-agreed) of the sum insured risk at the time of loss at the insured Location as specified in the Schedule on each and every reported loss caused by any insured peril and the Company shall only be liable for any amount in excess of the said first loss amount.
- Claim: On happening of any event likely to give rise to a claim, the Insured shall immediately notify Sme Resource Centre by either email or telephone (to be followed by written communication). To firstname.lastname@example.org 0723 355 408 / 020 804 8985/6. An assessor will be appointed accordingly. No claim report shall be accepted after 72 hours on happening of an event likely to give rise to a claim not reported to Sme Resource Centre. The Insured shall in the meantime take necessary steps to minimize the loss.
Receipt of dully filled proposal form
Health and valuation report by an identified assessor.
Payment of the premiums
Process of covering the client.
The client is given veterinary report and valuation forms and livestock proposal form. This document is filled, signed and stamped by a registered veterinary doctor. Each beehive is diagnosed and valued on a separate form. The value given by the veterinary serve as the sum insured.
The client then fills the proposal form. A quotation is given to the client (optional). On receiving the veterinary valuation forms duly signed and stamped by a vet. And payment of premiums the cover starts.