Fish farming is a lucrative agribusiness option that can help elevate the economic and social status of Kenyan farmers. To help achieve this goal, Small & Medium Entrepreneurial Resource Centre introduces modern aquaculture in form of Raised Micro Fish Ponds to Kenyan farmers looking to diversify their current farming activities. Our aqua culture project is based on three main pillars i.e. intensive fish farming training, entrepreneurship training, Livestock Insurance and guaranteed Market for the entrepreneurs.
Product components include the following:
- 1,200 catfish Fingerings
- Raised Micro Fish Ponds of 3*4 M and water system of inlet and out let
- Greenhouse tunnel
- Livestock insurance
- Aquaculture trainings (individual clients)
- Veterinary support
- Market Linkage for the mature fish
- Comprehensive Farm management for projects
Raised Micro fish ponds
|Complete set up Raised Fish Pond||180,000|
|fingerling catfish 1000||15,000|
|Aqua-insurance (Renewed seasonally)||8,500|
|Aqua-training ,Veterinary support complete 6 months |
- Completely clear the land & level flat no grass,sharp objects
- Source of water is mainly advised to be borehole/personal dam if it has chlorine it has to be treated
- Feeds is strictly from SME resource centre as per given quote (For season 1)
- The farmers has to buy standard mosquito net per pond construction
- Perforated buckets for sorting & harvesting 5 pieces.
- The farmers has to buy standard mosquito net per pond constructed
- The farmers worker should also have gumboots & overcoats/overall (SMERC can quote and supply)
- During a construction,the farmer has to supply 5 casuals to work with our technical team
- Technical support is provided once a month visit to the farm
- Piping from the source of water is quoted after site visit & quoted differently from the above quote
- The client has to have a water reservoir of a minimum of 5000 litres of water elevated at least 3 meter from the ground
- Seasonal recurrent cost is on fingerlings,feeds & insurance renewal
- Collection of mature fish is calculated at kshs 20 p/km.
- Security and adequate housing infrastructures.
If fish farming has been your dream but you don’t t know how to go about it SME Resource Centre is committed to helping you achieve this dream through Raised Micro Fish Ponds that are easy to manage and maintain. Get in touch with us today to get a quotation or get more insight in this method of fish farming.