Rabbit Keeping- SME Africa Kilimo Biashara Agribusiness
Rabbit keeping is farming venture that few Kenyan farmers have embraced despite it’s potential and good returns. This has been propelled by the fact that rabbit meat is white which is a healthy alternative to red meat. SME Resource Centre having seen this potential decided to introduce this sustainable business model as part of our SME Africa Kilimo Biashara Agribusiness. By venturing into this agribusiness, you are assured of good returns and market for your produce. We have a big market both locally and internationally for rabbit meat. Therefore if you partner with us you are assured of market and good returns.
Benefits of Rabbit Farming
- Rabbits are light feeders
- They are efficient in space utilization
- They have short gestation periods
- The meat has high nutritional value i.e highest in protein, low fat content, low cholesterol, least number of calories per kilogram and has only 8% bone.
Rabbit Keeping Components
- Mature breeder Rabbits. (Canadian Dorwan Giant.)
- Ratio should always be 5 female to 1 male.
- Assured marketing opportunity for the meat.
- Training on rabbit farming practices.
- Livestock insurance.
|Breeder Stock Rabbits||1||4,500|
|Livestock Insurance. Theft, Accidental Death, diseases, emergency slaughter ordered by Vet.||5 % of the total cost or a minimum of 7,000||7,000 minimum premium|
|Training, Registration & Management||1||10,000|
|Veterinary Support Professional Fee||1||4,000 Exclusive Transport|
Description of our Rabbit Keeping Agribusiness Package
- Maturity of the bunnies 4 months.
- Ideal Weight 3 Kgs.
- Per female can get between 5 – 8 bunnies it gives birth 4 times a year.
- 6 weeks until the female are served. Pregnancy period 5 weeks.
- Buying price Kshs. 350 per kg. (dead weight)
- Not quoted Feeds (1 kg for 10 days per rabbit) Long Room (for the bunnies)
- Drugs, Vaccines & Multivitamin.
If you are interested in venturing into rabbit keeping agribusiness or any other SME Africa Kilimo Biashara option kindly get in touch with us through any of the following means:
Landline: 020 804 8985/6
Mobile: 0723 355 408 or 0722 538 270
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By procuring any of our agribusiness package, you enjoy great benefits like training, farmer support, insurance, crop support and veterinary service all in one package. The icing on the cake is a ready market at a competitive price for your produce.