Greenhouse Farming Package
SME Resource Center helps farmers succeed in agribusiness by partnering with them through different agribusiness ventures. We offer farmer support services so that the farmer can learn and fully take up agribusiness as an income generating venture. The greenhouse farming package includes a buyback of certain crops- if you purchase our kilimo biashara green house kit, we give you the option of buying your capsicum, cucumber or tomatoes for you therefore guaranteeing you a market.
Some of the most common crops that do well in a green house include tomatoes, cucumber and capsicum. We also farm herbs in our green houses which do very well.
The product components of this Greenhouse Farming Package include the following:
- Green House (Various sizes )
- Drip irrigation system (Tank & Irrigation pipes)
- Market linkages (Currently Tomatoes & Capsicum)
- Structure & Crop Insurance Cover.
- Soil Testing & Analysis.
- Agronomic support services.
- Farmers kits ( seeds. 16 litre knapsack sprayer, gloves, goggles, hat)
- Trainings: Green House Crop Management Skills.
- Buy back is currently only Tomatoes & Capsicum
- Maturity btwn 75 – 90 days for both.
- Buying will be as per prevalent market price Tomatoes 50 per kg
- Capsicum 60 kg. (Limited Market Linkage)
- E.g. 8 x 15m Tomatoes (6 beds x 100 plants x 10 kg per plant); Capsicum (6 beds x 100 plants x 15 kg per plant)
|Soil Testing||To determine soil fertility, acidity, nutrients level, rehabilitation if needed||6,500|
|Seeds / Seedlings||Quoted based on the crop & no of beds in the GH.|
|Agronomical Support||Check for diseases, pest advice on pruning||3,000 per visit excl Transport|
|Insurance||Complete Structure & Crops||10 % of the cost|
NB: Above prices exclusive of Transportation of Greenhouse to site, Cement, Ballast & Sand needed to anchor the green house, Stand for holding the tank should be 2m in height. Also fertilizers, chemicals quoted based on size of green house. The exact figures can only be determined by a site visit by one of our experts.
If you are interensted in venturing in this agribusiness greenhouse farming package by SME Africa kindly get in touch with us through any of the following means:
Landline: 020 804 8985/6
Mobile: 0723 355 408 or 0722 538 270
You can also email us at email@example.com