This is a housing system used for egg-laying hens.
- Space maximization.
- Reduced infections – automatic drinking nipples, less contamination meaning reduced costs of drugs.
- Zero pilferage/ shrinkage – no loss of chicken or eggs through employee theft.
- Less labour – the cages are DIY (do it yourself) meaning savings which equals less operation costs.
- Zero wastage – proper feeds management there is no spillage which equals savings and eventually better profit margins.
- High production – chicken produce more in cages as compared to deep liter.
- Clean eggs and zero breakages – chicken does not come into contact with the eggs.
- Zero cannibalism – no loss from death as they don’t kill each other.
Specifications and Cost Estimates
- Battery Cage that holds 96 – 128 birds Kshs. 55,000.
- Battery Cage that holds 180 Birds Kshs. 75,000.
- Battery Cages that hold 192 Birds Kshs. 86,000.
- Battery Cages that hold 240 Birds Kshs. 112,000.
- Battery Cages that hold 256 Birds Kshs. 120,000
- Mature Pullets (Hen) ready to lay eggs 4.5 months Kshs. 1,200.
- Day Old layers chicks. Kshs. 120.
- One Month Kshs. 450.
- Two Months Kshs. 550.
- Three Months Kshs. 700.
- Broilers. Day Old Kshs. 65.
- Insurance 6% of the cost of cage & birds.
- Requirements 2m stand to hold the tank.
- Training Kshs. 10,000.
- Prices exclusive of Transportation to location, feeds, vaccinations.